Text-to-donate is a donor favorite!
It’s no surprise that text-to-donate campaigns are on the rise. Whether it’s for a nonprofit or a political candidate, people want to donate via their mobile phones. So why not try text donations? Below are a few great reasons why text-to-donate campaigns are so successful and are continuing to be a favorite to donors and organizations.
- Donors love it - Did you know that studies show that 85% of donors said their experience with text donating as excellent or good?
- They’ll donate more - Nearly 85% of donors would like to contribute over $25 through text donations.
- It’s simple - Most donors already know how to text, which make it fast and convenient for supporters. When asked to respond with reasons why donors gave with their mobile device a large number responded with words like “easy,” “convenient,” and “control.”
- Reachability is increasing - Mobile number lifespans are lengthening. 75% of donors have had their mobile number for more than five years.
- It’s a donor favorite - Donors reported they like to contribute online, with live events and mobile donations nearly tied as the second pick.
- More popular than social media - When respondents were asked how they heard about text donation campaigns, the primary method was “TV or radio” at 67%, with social media being the second most common method, at nearly 28%.
- Communicate more - Other than donation information, respondents were wanted to receive more information including 17.6% saying they would like to receive information about surveys, 32.8% said information about volunteering and 18.6% said program information.